The World’s 50 Best Bars have just been announced – and you can consider this your official bucket list of exceptional drinking dens around the world.
For those unfamiliar with the list, The World’s 50 Best Bars is one of the most prestigious awards on the planet: a definitive ranking of the world’s most outstanding places to drink. The list is updated each year at an awards ceremony, which this year took place in Singapore – the first time in the awards’ 15-year history that the ceremony has travelled to Asia.
Which bar was named the best bar in the world in 2023?
Sips in Barcelona won the coveted spot of the best bar in the world in 2023, after placing third in the 2022 list.
The World’s 50 Best Bars: 50-1
New entries are marked with an asterisk.
50. Galaxy Bar, Dubai, UAE
49. Jewel of the South, New Orleans, USA
48. Atlas, Singapore
47. The Clumsies, Athens, Greece
46. Locale Firenze, Florence, Italy
45. Baltra Bar, Mexico City, Mexico*
44. L’Antiquario, Naples, Italy
43. Carnaval, Lima, Peru
42. 1930, Milan, Italy
41. Scarfes Bar, London, UK*
40. Mimi Kakushi, Dubai, UAE*
39. Panda & Sons, Edinburgh, UK
38. The Cambridge Public House, Paris, France*
37. Bar Benfiddich, Tokyo, Japan
36. The SG Club, Tokyo, Japan
35. A Bar With Shapes For A Name, London, UK
34. Argo, Hong Kong
33. Freni e Frizioni, Rome, Italy*
32. Sago House, Singapore*
31. Röda Huset, Stockholm, Sweden*
30. Florería Atlántico, Buenos Aires, Argentina
29. Wax On, Berlin, Germany*
28. Satan’s Whiskers, London, UK
27. Katana Kitten, New York City, USA
26. CoChinChina, Buenos Aires, Argentina
25. Baba au Rum, Athens, Greece
24. Café La Trova, Miami, USA
23. Caretaker’s Cottage, Melbourne, Australia*
22. Hanky Panky, Mexico City, Mexico
21. Drink Kong, Rome, Italy
20. Coa, Hong Kong
19. Mahaniyom Cocktail Bar, Bangkok, Thailand*
18. Zest, Seoul, South Korea*
17. Overstory, New York City, USA
16. Salmon Guru, Madrid, Spain
15. Maybe Sammy, Sydney, Australia
14. Jigger & Pony, Sinagpore
13. BKK Social Club, Bangkok, Thailand
12. Line, Athens, Greece
11. Tres Monos, Buenos Aires, Argentina
10. Himkok, Oslo, Norway
9. Alquimico, Cartagena, Colombia
8. Tayer + Elementary, London, UK
7. Licorería Limantour, Mexico City, Mexico
6. Little Red Door, Paris, France
5. Connaught Bar, London, UK
4. Paradiso, Barcelona, Spain
3. Handshake Speakeasy, Mexico City, Mexico
2. Double Chicken Please, New York City, USA
1. Sips, Barcelona, Spain
Which country and city has the best bars in the world?
Italy, the UK and the USA are tied for the most entries on the list, with 5 entries respectively. Mexico City, meanwhile, is the best-represented city on the list, with 4 bars named.